Halloween, the time to feel spooky (well if not feel spooky then at least act like you are, you get the point of it…)
Yes, a time where kids go trick or treating door to door in their neighbourhoods, where you dunk you head into water to retrieve apples, where you watch horror movie with you friends bracing yourself to jump behind the sofa in fear, and where kids eat enough sweets to make their parents worry about whether eating all those sweets will bring on a visit to the dentist…
But, here is something that you’ll enjoy hearing; you don’t need to spend a lot of money in order to have fun with Halloween. Oh yes, got you attention there, didn’t I?
Here are a few things you can do to make Halloween be as cheap and fun at the same time as possible:
- Grow you own pumpkins if you can (buy seeds and plant them in your garden, simple!)
- If you have kids, make Halloween treats for yourself and them, such as cupcakes with a Halloween theme, that’d be lovely… err, sorry, had to put a tissue to my mouth to stop it watering…
- See if you can haunted houses run by local communities or schools if you can’t afford to go to commercial attractions.
- Keep decorations and costumes that are cheap for next year’s Halloween. Great way to save money!
- Try and make costumes if you can, rather than fork out to buy them from shops.
Well, that’s just a few suggestions of what you can do to make Halloween fun without forking out much money!
Now if you excuse me, I need to put on my grim reaper mask and rope, get my fake foam scythe, and start scaring the living daylights out of people. Giving people a fright on Halloween with that costume really warms my dark heart…
Nicky Priest Social Media Co-ordinator