- ½ teaspoon salt
- 100g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 80ml lukewarm milk
- 1 level teaspoon dried active yeast
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- To make the dough, place the flour, salt and butter in a bowl. Place milk in a jug and sprinkle in the yeast; let it dissolve. Whisk in the eggs and sugar; add to the flour mixture. Knead for 5 minutes using a dough hook in an electric food mixer
- Leave to rise for 2 hours then kneed again and cover and leave for a further hour.
- Place on a floured baking tray in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 mins.
This brioche bread is so soft and a lovely alternative to toast for breakfast. You can eat it on its own with your favourite topping or toasted. We love it drizzled with maple syrup.Mmmm